Am I Eligible for Safe Driver Discounts?
Auto insurance companies tend to reward the insureds by offering them Safe Driver Discounts. The opposite is true for those with a not-so-good driving history. There are a number of variables that determine the status of a high-risk driver, also referred to as a “bad driver.” Being classified as such will result in higher auto insurance premiums, as well as increased difficult finding a company who will insure you.
Some of the factors considered when determining High-Risk Drivers include:
- Having multiple Traffic Violations, including DUI/DWI
- Having had a Suspended or Revoked License
- Being a Teen Driver (25 years old or younger) or First Time Driver
- Having Prior Auto Claims Against You Being a Student
- Having a Poor Credit Rating Failure to Pay Your Auto Insurance Premium Resulting in Lapse or Cancellation of a Policy