Did you know that the average Alabama auto insurance premium is $1306 per year? Alabama auto insurance law requires that automobiles be covered by a liability insurance policy. In 2010, according to the Insurance Information Institute, Alabama ranked as the third state with the highest number of uninsured drivers. This is alarming, especially if you are in an auto accident. Although not required, securing uninsured motorist coverage for your auto policy is highly suggested.
Alabama minimum amounts of auto liability insurance are:
- $25,000 for injury liability for one person in an auto accident
- $50,000 for all injuries in an auto accident
- $25,000 for property damage in an auto accident
Higher levels of coverage are also available and often recommended. Alabama residents may also choose to obtain automobile coverage for collision, medial, uninsured and underinsured motorists, all of which are not required by law.
Click the links below for information on Local Alabama Insurance quotes!
- Alabama Auto Insurance for Baby Boomers
- Alabama Property Insurance
- Alabama Life Insurance
- Alabama Workers’ Compensation Insurance
- Alabama Business Insurance