Like most states, there are mandatory liability coverage requirements for New York auto insurance. New York operates under the no-fault system, which means your auto policy must pay medical bills for injury suffered regardless who is at fault for the accident. Securing auto insurance coverage is imperative, in order to protect against damages sustained in the event of an unexpected auto accident.
The minimum amounts of auto liability insurance in New York include:
• $25,000 for bodily injury per person in an auto accident
• $50,000 total bodily injury per occurrence in an auto accident
• $10,000 of property damage liability coverage for damage caused in an accident
• $50,000 for basis No-Fault Insurance Protection
• $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident occurrence for uninsured/underinsured motorists liability protection
New York established no-fault laws in order to reduce the potential for personal injury litigation by parties involved in auto accidents. When an auto accident occurs, each of the drivers’ insurance will cover the cost of damages for the insured.
LocalInsuranceQuoteOnline.Com has a network of the best New York insurance carriers, ready to provide you with the most comprehensive auto insurance at the most affordable rate.
Click the links below for information on Local New York Insurance quotes!
- New York Auto Insurance for Baby Boomers
- New York Property Insurance
- New York Life Insurance
- New York Workers’ Compensation Insurance
- New York Business Insurance