Like most states, South Dakota auto insurance is regulated and requires that automobiles be covered by liability insurance, in order to protect yourself in the event of an auto accident. In South Dakota, the average cost for an auto insurance policy is $1707 per year.
The minimum amounts of auto liability insurance in South Dakota include:
• $25,000 for bodily injury per person in an auto accident
• $50,000 total bodily injury per occurrence in an auto accident
• $25,000 of property damage liability coverage for damage caused in an accident
• 25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident occurrence for uninsured/underinsured motorists bodily injury coverage
Although minimum amounts are coverage are required, most folks opt to purchase higher amounts of insurance coverage, as well as additional forms of coverage, such as collision, comprehensive coverage, windshield replacement and gap insurance. If you are shopping around quotes for auto insurance, simply fill out our online form and receive multiple quotes from local insurance providers in your area.
Click the links below for information on Local South Dakota Insurance quotes!
- South Dakota Auto Insurance for Baby Boomers
- South Dakota Property Insurance
- South Dakota Life Insurance
- South Dakota Workers’ Compensation Insurance
- South Dakota Business Insurance